Thank you for your interest in the DC Childcare Collective (DCCC)!
The next New Member Orientation is Sunday, April 30, 2017 from 1-5pm.
This application is the first step in the application process that will include a short interview with a member of the collective and reference checks. Before applying, we encourage you to read our website and email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions you may have.
The quickest way to submit an application is to click here for the application!
We’ll be in touch with you within two weeks after receiving your application to schedule an interview, followed by reference checks. After that, you will be expected to attend a four hour volunteer orientation that will take place over 2 weekday nights or on one weekend day.
The Collective is an all-volunteer organization made up of 5 core members and a volunteer base of about twenty people.
We hold orientations for new volunteers every 3-4 months to keep up our strength and sustainability, so we can continue to provide quality childcare to organizations throughout the city.
Volunteers commit to:
- Provide childcare at least one time every two months
- Actively participate in the volunteer orientation and occasional trainings and skill-building sessions
- Provide childcare and interact with parents and organizations in a way that strives to meet our goals
If you choose to submit your application through email. Please email email@example.com with the following information. Make sure to answer all questions fully.
Email: _____________________________ Phone: _______________________
Please use the space you need to answer the questions below.
- How did you hear about the DC Childcare Collective?
- What childcare experience do you have?
- Why do you want to volunteer with the DCCC? Include your political and personal goals.
- Tell us about your involvement in the DC community. Do you volunteer elsewhere? How long have you lived here? Anything else that would help us understand your commitment to DC.
- Alot of the kids for whom we do childcare and their caregivers are people of color from low-income backgrounds. Knowing this, why do you think DCCC’s work is important? Is there anything from your background or past experiences that informs your desire to do this work?
- Do you have any bonus skills or talents? For example, do you speak another language or have experience working with kids who have autism?
- Please provide contact information (full name, phone and email) for 2 character references who are not related to you. They can be from your work or personal life, but please indicate their relationship to you.
The application, interview, reference check, and the orientation are a period of discernment for you and the DCCC. At any point during this process you may tell us or we can tell you that we prefer not to move forward with the application. Either at the end of the orientation or soon after final decisions will be made about participation in the collective. During this process we encourage you to raise questions or comments with the core organizers. The best way to reach us is via firstname.lastname@example.org.